Friday, May 1, 2009

April 27, 2009


Today was Kage's 2nd Birthday and man was it a crazy day....Mom, Dad, Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Chuck stayed at my house last night so that we could all go to Uncle Ivan's funeral so I dropped my boys off to daycare and went to my meeting for about an hour, then I headed up to Midway for the funeral, it was a beautiful service and man Doug Pope did an AMAZING job on his talk (as did everyone else). I am not sure what it is but when Doug sings I just sit back and enjoy every minute, I love to listen to him sing..I keep telling him I would be the first one to buy his album!!!! It was nice to see everyone. Then as I got in my car to head home my daycare calls and said that Kage tripped and cut his head open, I made it from Midway to Saratoga Springs in 43 minutes, it was a fast trip!!!! We went to Alpine Pediatrics to have his head looked at, better safe then sorry I thought. Kage was such a brave little boy all he said when the Doctor was cleaning his head was "ouch" he held very still and instead of stitches they used glue which is nice, less traumatic for Kage and no needles!!! So Kage will have a Happy 2nd Birthday Scar to always remember.... Chance also went to the Doctor today to get a pre-melanoma mole cut out of his back...Crazy Day!!! I am glad that one is over!!! Happy Birthday Kage!!!!

6 comments:

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Happy Birthday 'Sweet Boy'
Thanks for the nice suite we have at your home.
I used to tell Doug I was the president of his fan club, but I think the honor has been passed to you.

Meridy said...

I'm glad he's alright.

Thanks for posting about the funeral. We were sorry that we couldn't come.

Kristina said...

Ouch! yeah I guess that was a pretty big cut!

Cheryl said...

Thanks so much for letting us stay with you a week ago tonight. We love being with your family.
Sorry that Kage had a fall.
Karson probably wasn't happy when he found that the bed had been undone and put back in the bag. He wanted to jump on it the next morning.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

I didn't even know Uncle Ivan died, how sad! That was nice of you to open up your home. That was a busy day, I hope your boys will stay away from the doctor for a while now. You're right about Doug, he is very talented, I love to listen to him too.

Anonymous said...

oh that is so sad.. Devri fell off my parents hearth and her tooth went through her lip.. such a horrible feeling. Hope he is doing better.